Sunday, October 12, 2008

Festive Season and Fever

Durga Pujo, Dushera...and Diwali are all neighbours in the Calendar...and what a gala time indians have. I would consider myself forunate to have witnessed Durga Puja in Kolkata..the city of joy. Donno why..but I feel so attached to Kolkata..the place..the environment. The crowd..sealdah station...share auto from kankurgachi to girish park..the metro..44 from phoolbagan to howrah...3B from K'gachi to taratala..egg roll. what has engulfed me is may be the earthly nature of things there..from the auto to human beings...Nothing seems to man-made..even the human beings follow their fate.. :-) To sit beside the auto-pilot is an "altogethaar" a "diffaarent experiaance"...kind of "maraaatokk ". And I really miss these words in quotes.

I started with festive season..but once I am into the word kolkata..I get lost and I am sure most of the kolkata-bashi would do so. The concept is of Victory over Evil. And then the crakers season would start with diwali with an "altogethaar" different concept of Ram returning to Ayodhya. And this is indeed India..my dear. May be you can compare it to the thanksgiving-christmas-NewYear enthu of US. Amidst all these festive fever...I am actually suffering from fever....may be a viral one..due to the cold and climate change. I dream of the ongoing fun in India and wish to be there asap. With the health not with me...its more tempting to get the feeling of going home. I am taking the best of care of myself..even though the last 3-4 weeks have not been in my favour..had cut my fingers twice..got burnt ...fever... :-(

Enjoy your festive holidays and may the almighty bless everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home