Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday Morning

I woke up even before the Sun today...and as the light slowly filled the world around me...I enjoyed the ginger-tea. I like tea..I love it more if there's a flavour of ginger. Well did you know...why sunday is named so ? Coz its the day of the Sun and monday - the day of the moon. Check the other days for yourself. Where did the names originate from...and those in hindi....somvaar is named after deity "Soma" who is associated with the moon. Friday is named after Venus...same as 'Shukra' in Shukravaar. Friday stands for purity, brightness..bla bla bla :-)

And how Solomon Grundy helped us remember the days of the week without knowing what these were named after. Philosophically, the poem depicts the 7 ages of our life. Its amazing though how poems make our brains grasp things more easily. I still use the '30 days are september; april, june and november' and we all know bout february. Hey...did u ever know where these names of the month came from :D

More astonishing fact is that 'July' is named after Julius Caesar bcoz he was born in July. If I were born during his age and did something worth....you would have a month as Kartik ;-) My birthday is also in July. In Hindu calendar...Kartik is a month though I was not named after the month..instead my name is based on Lord Shiva's son.

Catch you later...need to have something for breakfast..feeling hungry :-(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home