Sunday, January 18, 2009

28th Street South East

Every damn thing I need is available on 28th Street, Grand Rapids. Seems my world is now limited to 28th Street same as the frog in the well. Early morning even before the hens wake up..I leave for office..in the dark...into 28th Street and take a right on Patterson Avenue..driving slowly, afraid the car might skid. As the darkness fades away..we are already done with our standup meeting every morning.

The only best friend I have in US is my laptop. I know its angry with me for tapping its board..every now and then, no regular timings. As I peep out of the window, the basket ball court is filled with snow....my car has a snow-blanket over it. I had to buy some groceries today and unwilling got ready to go out and firstly clean the car and go to "Meijer". Meijer is departmental store..something like Walmart. And you get all the indian vegetables there....That too is on the 28th Street [:-)] just after the I-96 flyover. For all other indian requirements..specifically Green Chilli and Paneer, I go to "Spice of India", again on the 28th Street. A bit expensive I felt, but you have no other option in Grands Rapids. Bole toh monopoly hai.

I dont live on 28th Street. The hotel is in Stahl Drive but at a stone's throw from 28th Street. No covered parking for vehicles..even though they are sure..it snows almost half the year. The county corporation toils hard to clear the roads [of snow] to ensure safety. I was always under the false assumption that being with snow would be great..but this is too much. Anything in excess is not good. The good season to visit Grand rapids is like May to October....m waiting for those moments of view free from snow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home