Thursday, February 12, 2009

Music

I never want to accept that music and singing (bearable) is God's gift and still believe that they are achievable. Music is not an art..nor science..not maths. [;-)] Music is a language for me..means to communicate. But there are certain rules to this language which we need to follow.

I am sure you make out the difference when you hear chinese and when you hear hindi. I feel the chinese use high notes from the chord in between sentences and something like 'krrrrrinngggg'. .Ears Bleed. And If you put forward tamil to an american, same would be the case.

Though music is universal, the rules of the language have a variety ranging from hard to soft to rock to metal..bla bla bla. Atleast if I can learn the basic rules, I would consider it as a great accomplishment. I have been trying to do so for many years now :-(

When we speak..there is a music attached.....and how words can be musically-directed in different ways. The variety of music we use in "Hey Bhagwaan". Sometimes like ARR and sometimes like Himesh depending on the mood. And actually there are languages which people almost sing [:D]. One of them is Oriya as I have understood with my limited exposure to the language.

If you are a softspoken person..try listening to Judas Priest..may be u can try 'breaking the law' or 'painkiller'. Its bout liking the language and its rules. Chinese can be sweet if you like the rules. I see a obvious influence of music in language and communication. I can talk and talk endlessly without making much sense. I like devotional music also..its tries to lift you up..ur morale..simiar is what judas does in 'breaking the law'. But are they comparable ?

Moozic ka topic bas itna hi.

2 Comments:

Blogger krishna said...

music itself is an unique language and u r ryt by saying it is different in each place. we recognise the tone with a particular language or country. The great musicians are trying to harmonise all and bring a languageless symphony.. that is the challenge they are facing..

But to probe on a broader way, why we accept language as an art and thereby classifying music as an art?

Also, why dont u accept it as God's gift?

February 18, 2009 at 9:54 PM  
Blogger krishna said...

I mean.. why cant we classify music and language as an art..

Oops.. not why cant we..

it is .. why U are not...

December 2, 2009 at 2:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home